Whether it's an active day in the hot sun, or under the cool glow of office lights, our natural stick deodorant has been formulated to keep you feeling fresh and clean, and smelling awesome through it all.
We've included just the right balance of skin protection and deodorizing ingredients, and managed to do it with a formula that's great for sensitive skin, made without baking soda or other irritants, and really works! Seriously.
To use, simply apply to your skin. Don't overdo it though - this is concentrated stuff - one or two swipes is usually all you need.
Our Ingredients (and why they’re in there):
Coconut Oil - has antibacterial and antifungal properties, helps moisturize your skin, and makes a great base that softens nicely when the deodorant is applied.
Corn Starch - helps keep your skin nice and dry, provides a smooth and silky texture that feels great against your skin.
Arrowroot Starch - obtained from the rhizomes of the arrowroot plant. It does pretty much the same thing as corn starch but has a slightly different texture. We supplement our recipe with arrowroot starch because it eliminates the powdery feeling that too much corn starch could produce.
Candelilla Wax - comes from the candelilla shrub native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States. It helps keep the deodorant from melting in a warm bathroom. This is an animal-friendly (and superior) alternative to beeswax.
Bentonite Clay - works to keep you dry and prevents your skin from feeling greasy.
Potassium Alum - a naturally occurring mineral salt with the chemical formula KAl(SO4)2. It's got many common uses including as an ingredient in styptic pencils, water purification products, baking soda and pickles. It's a powerful bacterial-growth inhibitor that has been shown to be both safe and effective. It's not an antiperspirant and will not inhibit your body's natural ability to sweat.
Fragrance and Natural Essential Oil Blend – used in our scented varieties
Cocoa Butter - a quickly-absorbing moisturizer to help protect your skin without making it greasy.
Shea Butter - another highly-absorbent moisturizer with additional nutrients. It's also an anti-inflammatory and great for sensitive skin.
Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol) - an antioxidant that nourishes skin and hair. Also helps keep the other ingredients in the deodorant from oxidizing.
Grapefruit Seed Extract - derived from the seeds, membranes, and the pulp of grapefruit. Has minor antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Tea Tree Oil - an essential oil with antimicrobial properties.
Hops Extract – a natural and effective antimicrobial agent.
Activated Charcoal - absorbs odors.
Adirondack (Robust Pine Forest) - Pine, Cedarwood, Sage, Rosemary, Patchouli, Lavender
Albany Pine Bush (A Light, Airy & Sweet Desert-Pine Scent) - Cedarwood, Bergamot, Frankincense
Cohoes Falls (A Clean, Herbal, Spring Scent) - Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Marjoram, Rosemary
Helderberg (Refreshing and Sweet with a Hint of Hops) - Citra Hops, Juniper Berry, Oakmoss, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Amyris, Pimenta Racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), Vetiver
Hudson Valley (Rebellious with Hints of Whisky and Leather) - Musk Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Cedarwood, Pink Peppercorn, Sandalwood, Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Clove Bud, Grapefruit, Bergamot
Jamaica Bay (A Spiced Up Take on a Classic Bay Rum) - Pimenta Racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), Sweet Orange, Clove Bud, Vanilla, Pink Peppercorn, Rum Fragrance Oil, Cassia
Lake Champlain (Cool Aquatic and Powder) - A 100% fragrance oil blend with notes of Cucumber, Ozone, Vetiver, Musk and Ambergris
Marcy Summit (Warm Sandalwood with a Bright Edge) - Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Clove Bud
North Fork Breeze (An Intense Floral Lavender) - French Lavender, English Lavender, Bulgarian Lavender
Sleepy Hollow (Smokey and Sweet Autumn Leaves) - Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Smoke Fragrance Oil, Pine, Grapefruit, Vetiver, Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Lemon
Syracuse (A Sunny Citrus Scent featuring Lemongrass and Orange) - Lavender, Clove Bud, Bergamot, Lemongrass, Sweet Orange
Woodstock (Patchouli, Leather and Nag Champa Based, Like a Trip Through Time and Space) - Patchouli, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Nag Champa Fragrance Oil
As with anything you put on your skin, discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.
All of our personal care items are vegan and animal friendly.
Our deodorant comes in a recyclable and compostable cardboard, push-up container as shown.
Looking for a razor? We have those:
Hey! We also sell pre-shave oils, aftershaves, beard oils and other skin-care products:
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
You may return any order within 30 days of receipt for a full refund. Must be returned in same condition as shipped.
All of our items come with a 2-year guarantee. Roosevelt Grooming Company stands behind each and every one of our products and will be more than happy to repair or replace any product that disappoints you after the 30-day refund period. Please contact us before you return any product.
Information we Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC is a US-based business and you should expect that your information will be transferred to the United States in order for us to complete the order process.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at info[ a t ]RooseveltGroomingCompany.com. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Roosevelt Grooming Company LLC, 11 Beaver Dam Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186
May 12, 2020
I've tried Schmidts Sensitive, Urban Cowboy, Zionhealth and 2 others I can't remember (all those have no backing soda as it makes me itch). They all work at least half a day and one or two 3/4 of a day. None worked a full day at a desk job. This one from RooseveltGroomingCo work all day long, even when I was sweating in the garden. No stink. The only natural deo. I have found, without baking soda, that works! The scent didn't last all day long but at least it prevented BO all day to where there was no scent (good or bad). That's fine by me.
Dec 10, 2019
Nov 13, 2019
It’s a bummer to give it three stars as opposed to five. It’s a great product and the couple scents I’ve tried have been awesome but a big downfall is it marks up my clothing. If I sweat a bit it’ll leave white residue showing on the outside of the garment. This is the only natural deodorant that doesn’t use baking soda that’s worked for me but leaves it’s mark on every shirt (it washes out but can’t be waking around with deodorant stains)
Aug 5, 2019
FINALLY there’s a natural deodorant that works for me. I can’t do baking soda (figures that out early) but even lowered amounts of baking soda in “sensitive skin” deodorants made me develop a rash. Went to primarily a wax based deo but found the scents didn’t last long nor the deodorant itself. But this deodorant lasts and the scent is amazing. No irritation in sight either. No doubt I’ll order more