Treat your skin right with our luxurious, alcohol-free balm. Our unique blend is formulated to cool and soothe as it hydrates and heals.
Organic aloe vera juice, olive oil and jojoba oil provide a pure, healthful foundation upon which we've added witch hazel extract to soothe your skin and help prevent razor burn.
A blend of natural essential oils were then added complement the effects of the aloe and witch hazel, including a touch of menthol-containing peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils for their cooling properties, and tea tree oil to help kickstart the healing process.
To use, apply to skin with moist hands after shaving or any time you want a relaxing, rejuvenating, hydrating experience.
As with anything you put on your skin, discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.
Our Ingredients (and why they’re in there):
Distilled Water - a natural base for all the other active ingredients.
Olive Oil - with naturally-occurring Vitamin E, serves as an antioxidant and excellent moisturizer
Witch Hazel Extract – has astringent properties, helping to shrink your pores and letting your skin begin the post-shave healing process. Also acts as a powerful antioxidant while soothing your skin and helping to reduce inflammation
Organic Aloe Vera Juice – a powerful anti-inflammatory containing antioxidants, enzymes and vitamins to help reduce razor burn, prevent acne and dry skin, and soothe irritated post-shave skin.
Vegetable Glycerin – an all-purpose moisturizer compatible with all skin types - including oily skin – it attracts moisture to your skin and helps hydrate, making it feel soft and supple.
Polysorbate 80 – an emulsifier derived from sugar alcohol and vegetable fats. It helps stabilize oil and water mixtures.
Jojoba Oil - from the simmondsia chinensis plant, native to the western United States. It's a great moisturizer and is chemically similar to the natural oils in your skin allowing it to absorb quickly, and help prevent razor burn and promote healing.
Emulsifying Wax - an emulsifying agent; vegan
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) – in addition to helping balance the PH of the final product, vitamin C has antioxidant properties.
Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate - these three are used in very small amounts as a preservative. Without them you'd have to refrigerate your post shave balm to prevent the growth of mold and bacteria. But who wants to use ice-cold aftershave? All three preservatives are vegan too.
Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol) - an antioxidant that nourishes skin and hair. Also helps keep the other ingredients from oxidizing.
Grapefruit Seed Extract - derived from the seeds, membranes, and the pulp of grapefruit. Has minor antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Fragrance and Natural Essential Oil Blend – used in our scented varieties
Natural Peppermint/Eucalyptus/Tea Tree Oil Blend – this blend is added for its soothing and cooling properties. It also helps reduce redness, swelling and inflammation.
Adirondack (Robust Pine Forest) - Pine, Cedarwood, Sage, Rosemary, Patchouli, Lavender
Albany Pine Bush (A Light, Airy & Sweet Desert-Pine Scent) - Cedarwood, Bergamot, Frankincense
Cohoes Falls (A Clean, Herbal, Spring Scent) - Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Marjoram, Rosemary
Helderberg (Refreshing and Sweet with a Hint of Hops) - Citra Hops, Juniper Berry, Oakmoss, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Amyris, Pimenta Racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), Vetiver
Hudson Valley (Rebellious with Hints of Whisky and Leather) - Musk Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Cedarwood, Pink Peppercorn, Sandalwood, Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Clove Bud, Grapefruit, Bergamot
Jamaica Bay (A Spiced Up Take on a Classic Bay Rum) - Pimenta Racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), Sweet Orange, Clove Bud, Vanilla, Pink Peppercorn, Rum Fragrance Oil, Cassia
Lake Champlain (Cool Aquatic and Powder) - A 100% fragrance oil blend with notes of Cucumber, Ozone, Vetiver, Musk and Ambergris
Marcy Summit (Warm Sandalwood with a Bright Edge) - Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Clove Bud
North Fork Breeze (An Intense Floral Lavender) - French Lavender, English Lavender, Bulgarian Lavender
Sleepy Hollow (Smokey and Sweet Autumn Leaves) - Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Smoke Fragrance Oil, Pine, Grapefruit, Vetiver, Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Lemon
Syracuse (A Sunny Citrus Scent featuring Lemongrass and Orange) - Lavender, Clove Bud, Bergamot, Lemongrass, Sweet Orange
Woodstock (Patchouli, Leather and Nag Champa Based, Like a Trip through Time and Space) - Patchouli, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Leather Fragrance Oil (Non-Animal Origin), Nag Champa Fragrance Oil
All of our personal care items are vegan and animal friendly.
Our post shave balm comes in a recyclable, 1 or 2 ounce blue glass bottle as shown.
Looking for a razor? We have those:
Hey! We also sell pre-shave oils, shave creams, beard oils and other skin-care products:
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
You may return any order within 30 days of receipt for a full refund. Must be returned in same condition as shipped.
All of our items come with a 2-year guarantee. Roosevelt Grooming Company stands behind each and every one of our products and will be more than happy to repair or replace any product that disappoints you after the 30-day refund period. Please contact us before you return any product.
Information we Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC is a US-based business and you should expect that your information will be transferred to the United States in order for us to complete the order process.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at info[ a t ]RooseveltGroomingCompany.com. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Roosevelt Grooming Company LLC, 11 Beaver Dam Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186
Apr 18, 2019
This Adirondack scent is Absolutely Heavenly! One spritz, close your eyes and you feel like you are tucked into the deep woods of the Adirondacks. Beautiful products, beautiful company, beautiful creator.
Apr 16, 2019
Awesome product coupled with an old souled seller makes the balm and the buying process quite remarkable.
Jan 13, 2019
Sep 11, 2018
I have pretty sensitive skin and have struggled to find products that were natural and helped lessen razor burn. I know the owner of Roosevelt grooming and was anxious to try his stuff because wouldn't it be great to support a small, local business AND have clear, comfortable skin after shaving?? He recommended the preshave oil and the after shave lotion. After adding these into my regimen I've had *zero* razor burn/irritation. And I absolutely love the smell, I use the pine bush scent. Great product and totally affordable, a little bit goes a long way! Thanks for saving my face!
Jul 26, 2018
Very happy with product, highly recommend!!!!!